30th ANNIVERSARY OPEN HOUSE
Join us while we celebrate 30 years of stewardship! We will open the A-Frame cabin and shelter house at Buzzard’s Roost for a day of activities as we celebrate 30 years!
Enjoy food from the grill, build your own birdhouse, find out what we’ve been up to, learn more about what we already offer, enjoy a guided hike or two, and maybe win a giveaway! Make a day of it, or drop in at your leisure.
*This event will be held at the shelter house which is accessed by a paved service road approximately .5 miles long with a gradual incline. For safety reasons, vehicles will be prohibited on this road.
Scroll for hourly schedule.
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
- Grilling and Snacks
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Presentation and Special Recognition
- Learn about our new park and trail, giveaways (must be present), and special recognitions
- 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
- Optional Guided KNZ Trail Hike
- Quick, family-friendly hike on the Kid's Nature Zone Trail. Departs from shelter house.
- 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Optional Guided South Point Lookout Trail Hike
- A longer, yet still family-friendly hike on the South Point Lookout Trail. Departs from shelter house.
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Campfire at Historic Camp Area
- join us as we wrap up the day around the campfire